Sunday, December 27, 2009

What I made for Christmas presents/new business adventure?

Back in October when the kids and I went to the Apple Festival in Elijay Cassidi (Kelsey's best friend) saw these purses for sale. She loved them and wanted to buy one, but didn't have the money to buy one right then without borrowing the money from one of us. I told her at the time not to buy one because we could make one for less, just buying the material ourselves.

One thing led to another and we never got around to buying the material, until last weekend. Then we decided to make it as her Christmas present. She knew it was coming because I asked her questions to make sure that I made it the way she wanted it. Luckily she told me that she just wanted one and to have fun making it. Not that you can tell but the inside of the bag is patchworked like the bottom and the handles are half red and half white.

While I was at the fabric store I decided to make a Jimmie Johnson one for Cassidi's mom, unfortunately they do not make/sell Jimmie Johnson fabric. So I called Cassidi and she suggested John Deere in pink. Here is the result:

Cassidi and Christie have gotten so many compliments and different people asking if I would make one for them if they paid me that they asked me to make up an order form. So really quick like tonight before they left to go to a family birthday party this is what I came up with: kind of (it wont format right on here)



Fabric Choice 2, color/team/logo
Georgia white background
Georgia Tech yellow background
John Deere Pink
John Deere Green
Tennessee orange background

Tennessee white background

Florida white background

Florida blue background

Georgia red background
Georgia Tech white background
Dale Jr #88

Jeff Gordan #24

Other: specify



Ribbon color
Red/black/white/yellow/brown/green/pink/green/black/orange/blue

Button style
Red/black/white/yellow/brown/green/pink/tractor/orange/blue

style inside of bag checkerboard solid panel

style bottom of bag checkerboard solid panel

Jeans provided by customer $0.00 provided by Patty $5.00 extra

If you would like you may purchase and provide your own fabric/ribbon/buttons we will need a yard and a half of two separate styles of coordinating fabric, 2 yards of coordinating ribbon, and one coordinating button


Cost for a pocketbook if you provide the materials for a solid panel inside and bottom is $15, for a checkerboard inside and bottom is $25. For a checkerboard bottom with a solid interior is $20


Cost for a pocketbook if I purchase the materials will depend on the fabric choices, average cost plus labor is $35 for solid interior and bottom, and $40 for a checkerboard bottom with a solid interior or $45 for checkerboard interior and bottom.


Call ###-###-##### to order or email scienceesl@yahoo.com put purse in subject line

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

The Four Week Vegan said...

Those are adorable. Good luck with your new business venture.