DJ basically taught himself how to do the backstroke. One day he couldn't even float on his back and the next this:
We had to video it to show Jerry, and figured we would share. :-)
My friend Jen has an awesome opportunity and I am hoping that someone out there that reads this can help her out in some way! With all that is going on here this is the best I can do for now, unfortunately. But I know that I have some awesome friends and family out there, as well as the random reader that could help her out.
Here are the details in Jen's own words:
Hello Facebook friend, future friend or random invitee!
SHORTCUT: There are now TWO ways to sponsor! On PayPal.com, please use my personal email RelayJennnn@gmail.com. On Chase.com (Quick Pay service), please use email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your support! Collaboration projects & pitches welcomed! HUGE, humble thank yous to those who have sponsored me thus far. If you are unable to donate funds, please consider supporting me by sharing this page on yours or with a retweet on Twitter.
LONG VERSION WITH DETAILS:
My name is Jen Vargas and I was one of 8,000 people in the United States invited by Google to participate in their Glass Explorers project. I am reluctantly sending out this event invite as a last ditch effort to try and secure sponsors to make my Glass For Good project happen. I certainly don't want to be seen as a spammer or charity case, and apologize in advance for using an Event Page for something like this. (Have seen them used for worse though!) Lots of info below, but it's important stuff. Hang in there with me...
Have you heard of Google Glass? Google Glass might just be the most revolutionary thing to happen to mobile technology. Despite the privacy stigma already thrust upon it, I honestly believe Glass could do a LOT more good for a LOT of people. I could fill this text box with lots of tech specs that most of you probably won't care about, or I could SHOW you. Check this out...
What 'Good' do I hope to do with Glass? I am open to any and all project suggestions from anyone who sponsors in the state of Florida. Here are a few of my ideas so far:
- Shoot short films on Glass here in Florida
- Show people Relay For Life: Hunter's Creek, Florida (a 21 hour fundraising event) through Glass
- Show people what Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Metro Orlando (5K walk in Downtown Orlando) is like
- Shoot and broadcast (over air/web) the first tv show segment shot on Glass via Indie Cinema Showcase
- Show readers of Central Florida Top 5 a Day in The Life of the blog
- Show viewers live local events, openings and sneak previews through Glass.
THE DEETS: I have 14 days (from June 6) to purchase Google Glass and 30 days (also from June 6) to pick them up. Google is asking all participants to travel to either New York City, Mountain View, CA or Los Angeles to pick up their Glass, and sadly is mandatory. To be as cost efficient as possible, my goal is to fly in/out the same day of pickup. My dream would be to visit Google's Mountain View campus but to cut costs, I will be traveling to New York City.
PICKUP DAYS AVAIL (as of Sun June 16):
- New York City (Chelsea Market): June 29 [3p], July 3, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13 [varied pick up times b/w 12p - 6p]
MY CURRENT NEEDS:
- Google Glass = $1500
- Travel (very last minute airfare, meals, taxis or gas) = $300-$500
- An **available friend with personal transport to take me to/from the airport and to Chelsea Market in NYC.
**Gas & lunch money for said available friend above.
**Available friend above will also be allowed to accompany me to Google HQ for Glass info session and fitting!
- Spare airline miles? (JetBlue?)
- Possibly a place to stay overnight, although I'm sure I can sleep at the airport or on a red eye flight.
Total funds raised as of Sunday, June 16th: $860.
If you are interested in sponsoring my Project Glass project, my PayPal address is **RELAYJENNNN@GMAIL.COM.**