Saturday, May 29, 2010

Congratulations Grandpa

About a month ago, my aunt emailed us and told us that my Grandpa had been selected to go on a WWII honor flight. With this program, they take WWII veterans to Washington D.C. for a day and take them to the memorial there. Then on the way home the program gives each veteran an envelope, or package from their family members thanking them for their service to the country. This part was a secret so I held off until now to post about this, just in case!

In honor of this special day, DJ made a card, Natalie and I both wrote letters, and I had my class make thank you cards.

But the real special item in our envelope (or at least in my opinion) was Kelsey's gift.
The original picture is on the left, Kelsey's drawing is on the right:
Kelsey's picture

I think she did a pretty darn good job. :-)

Aunt Donna had also sent some other pictures over email so I took them and did some collages just so I could share them.
Grandpa WWII honor flight

Picnik collage

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's time we gave something to those who gave everything
The RAF Bomber Command Memorial will finally pay a public debt of gratitude to the 55,573 aircrew who lost their lives in World War II defending us against the oppression of the Nazis. You can leave your tribute to these brave men in The RAF Bomber Command Time Capsule: http://www.bombercommand.com/timecapsule