Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Let's go to the beach....

Over Thanksgiving break the kids and I took a day and just went exploring.

In the three years we have lived here (almost 4 can you believe it?) we had never gone down to Savannah or Tybee Island. Well, I went to Savannah last spring and met up with my former student Frank, but the kids had never been, so off we went.
We left early in the morning so that we could get to Tybee and the beach early and do Senior Pictures with Kelsey (I will share those later, after I get them off in the mail to the family). We got to Tybee about 8:30 in the morning and went to the visitor center, that didn't open until 9:30, so we decided that we could find our own way around. We grabbed a map that they had in the lobby and off we went.

The first thing we found was the lighthouse. Unfortunately since it was a Tuesday, the museum and information center were closed but we did get to see the outside.
Photobucket
IMG_4034PhotobucketPhotobucket

After walking around looking at the lighthouse, we headed down the path to the beach. PhotobucketPhotobucket

Right after we topped the hill of the dune, we could see something out in the water, just the other side of the jetty.
DOLPHINS! You have never seen my three kids run so fast for the water.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

DJ begged to take his shoes off, "just in case" which anyone who has ever had a six year old boy knows that this means in reality, I am going in the water and there is nothing you can say that will stop me. PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
I really did try to keep him from getting completely soaked, but it was a fruitless effort. Photobucket

We drew names in the sand
PhotobucketPhotobucket

and just hung out and had a peaceful morning.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos! And I agree: you can't take a little boy to the beach and not expect him to leave soaked! We learned that lesson firsthand!