Thursday, January 19, 2017

Random Musings of my Three F's 1/19/2017

Finances: Today, I made my first purchase for my LulaRoe Room. I needed to go by Goodwill to drop of some of Declan's clothes that he has outgrown (and that have been in my car for weeks), so I decided to run in and see what they had. It's just two wicker baskets, for a total of $6, but they sure made me smile. It's going to be a long 6-8 weeks waiting on that call! I really love the Valentines holiday leggings that people are just starting to get in, and I have a pair on order, but I am trying to be good and not order anything else until after that call, so that I can save all the money I can for when the call finally happens.

The other news of the day is that I have been accepted to drive for Uber. I'm going to try it out this weekend and see how it goes. I am really wanting to pay off as much as we can, and a second and third "job" will really enable me to do this. The good thing about each of these "jobs" is that I don't really see either of them as a job, and I can do them on my schedule, that can be as flexible as I am willing to let it be. I know I will have to put in the work to reap the rewards, but I am willing and able to do so. I also figure if Uber works out, then I can do it and save the money until LulaRoe kicks off good (everyone says that will happen fast.)

Fitness: I managed to get dinner in the oven and go out on my walk while it was cooking (frozen lasagna). Another 4 miles in the books, for a total of 18 this week. The training plan calls for a rest day tomorrow, but it will depend on my step count. Today's stepcount is almost 18,000 steps, by the time I go to bed, it probably will be. No more lazy couch potato for me!

Faith: I listened to "The Message" on Sirus XM both this morning and this afternoon, and tonight I watched 3 devotionals dedicated to Facing the Faith. What I found most interesting about this is that when I went on to Pintrest for some other things, the Serenity Prayer was one of the first pins, and then when I did a search for devotionals (without pinning it) it came up in three different formats (same working, pictures, and backgrounds were different.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. 
Living one day at a time, enjoying one day at a time, accepting hardships as the pathway to peace.
Taking this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it.
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to his will.
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with him forever in the next. 

Yup, I need to live that... 

No comments: