Saturday, August 15, 2009

I HATE THE AIR FORCE

This is going to be an R rated post so if you don't care for that type of language you had better just skip today's installment because I am more than a bit ticked off right now and I don't care to censor my words today. Just as a fair warning.

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
I fucking hate the damn Air Force, the 5th fucking MOB and Robins damn Air Force Base! Its actually to bad that I love the area and my job so much, or else I would be pushing really hard for Jerry to find a way for us to leave ASAP!

No one at this fucking base gives a damn about their people, their families or how their god damn actions affect those people.

No one here holds the real people that screw the fuck up to their actions, they just take it all out on the people who got screwed.

We still have not been reimbursed for our trip to Texas in April. Which means that the government card has not been paid.

Jerry filed his travel voucher in April, was told that the regulations had changed and that he was missing pieces.

Then was told that he had to file a seperate voucher for me, with seperate reciepts for what I ate, which because no one had warned us ahead of time we hadn't kept, so therefore we just had to suck it up and deal with it.

Then he thought it was all right and refiled it at the end of May. And proceeded to get put in the hospital for a week, prior to us going to Jacksonville. Then we spent a week in Jacksonville and then Jerry was out on convelansent leave and on drugs for the next month.

Which means when they rejected his travel voucher he didn't get the notification. I had an email from the travel lady at the clinic on base saying that everything had gone through, so we thought it was done, and that everyone was getting there money. BUT NO, they FUCKING rejected it AGAIN! And when Jerry, who was on FUCKING SICK LEAVE FROM MAJOR FUCKING SURGERY didn't answer their email in a timely manner, the STUPID FUCKING JERKS deleted the travel voucher out of the system. LOOSING ALL OF THE DAMN INFORMATION!

No one in finance or where ever could be bothered to follow up with a phone call to the shop, the shirt, or the commander for that god damn matter to find out why the hell sgt Cleveland wasn't doing what they needed. No they probably contacted the travel lady from the clinic, who BY THE WAY was also out of emergency (in her case) sick leave, who her squadron didn't have anyone checking her email for her, even though she is the ONLY one in the squadron that does her job.

Now of course the government card and the squadron expect us to just magically fucking come up with over $2,000 to cover the government card. All because number 1 we were given false information back in March and April, and number 2 because no one at this damn place can follow through and check on the well being of their people.

Oh wait the squadron could be bothered to sit with Jerry and call the government card, you know because HE WAS IN TROUBLE FOR IT NOT BEING PAID, BECAUSE WHEN THE AIR FORCE DENIED HIS CLAIM HE WAS OUT ON LEAVE FOR A MAJOR SURGERY and NO ONE COULD BE BOTHERED TO CALL US TO TELL US THERE WAS A PROBLEM BEFORE THEY DELETED EVERYTHING FROM THE FUCKING STUPID SHIT SYSTEM!

This fucking stupid shit sucky ass squadron and group sucks! I am so tired of this place and these people. They do not know how to take care of their own. You would think with the problems that we have had with Jerry's health and all of the other shit that they would want to watch out for him a bit more. BUT NO these sucky ass people want to drive us over the fucking edge and push us the fuck out. Either by driving us crazy to the point where he either relapses in his drinking and they can get him in trouble and kick him out, or where they can bust his rank just a little bit more so they can kick him the fuck out for having too many years in at that rank so he can't retire. Or just so I go fucking balistic on someone and do something stupid. All Because NO ONE HERE GIVES A GOD DAMN ABOUT what they have done to us.

The squadron doesn't care that we have no money to buy gas and groceries with for the next two weeks because we just had to pay a big chunk of money on his government card, because some stupid idiot in finance gave us false information, not once now, but OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

Oh thats right I just keep talking about the problems with our April trip. I haven't mentioned how they screwed up most recently.

I tried filing Jerry and my travel vouchers the day after we returned from Florida in June. The travel lady at the clinic was on leave that week, then it took a week for her to get back to me, then just when I was supposed to go in and file every thing (well my part, because by then Jerry was only a week out from returning to work and she said she couldn't help me with his part, even though before we went she had said she could,) she collapsed at work and had emergency surgery. Supposedly she told the people in the squadron to get ahold of me to come in and file everything and no one did. So a month later when she got off of sick leave she got back to nasty emails from me, and everything still sitting on her desk.

I went in and we did all of the paperwork, and I tried filing it within the next two days of talking to her. Then I took it all over to finance, where I was told by an obviously fucking stupid idiot tech sgt that we did it all wrong. That I had to fill it all out without itemizing my claim. I tried repeatedly to tell them that they were wrong, but no they wouldn't listen. Not only did I have to refill out the form I had to then get it SIGNED by the travel lady's boss, who by this time had gone home for the day. Jerry tried getting it signed the next day, which was a Friday and the boss person that had to sign it wasn't there. Jerry had his squadron hoorah fucking family day that Monday, so it took til Tuesday or Wednesday to get it signed, so another god damn week went by before we could even file the damn thing to get MY part done. Then last week it comes back denied. Because guess what?!? WE WERE RIGHT, the fucking idiot at finance was WRONG! JUST LIKE I TOLD THEM!!!!!! And get this! Jerry's email was down this past week (still is), so when they denied it they sent him emails telling him to get in there asap to redo it, or else they wouldnt pay it at all. The travel lady at the clinic finally sent a copy of the email to me, yesterday and I wrote her back to call Jerry. Thank god I had tried getting a contact off of my home email from work, and saw the email from her, so I checked it on my phone, or else we would have lost another 3 days.

I swear that if I have my way that stupid idiot at finance will not have a job any fucking longer! All she had to do was call someone at Ellsworth like I asked her to do, or call Mrs. M, or call Sgt B and ASK A FUCKING QUESTION! And gee wiz we would have at least the money that is owed for my trip!


Oh and having scars and having proof of appointments is not good enough for the air force to have Jerry's voucher filed from June, no we need letters from the Mayo Clinic to claim his.

So he has 2 MAJOR travel vouchers outstanding! The Air Force owes us/government card over $3,000 and they aren't paying all because they have given us false information, and their people, not us have screwed up over and over again, and we are the ones paying the price. Jerry's god damn squadron doesn't give a damn that its not us that fucked up, they are just going to needle and punish, and push and prod us to the breaking point where I don't give a damn and am posting it for the world to read, because I am sick and tired of being pushed to my breaking point. Its like they want one of us to go ballistic and take someone out, or to take one of ourselves out. They don't care how much stress this all is putting on us as a family and a couple, and not one single fucking person in that god damn group has done a thing to help us sort this out and fix it so the government card gets their money and we get ours.


All I can do right now is pray that we survive this shit. Because doing what I want to do (which is to go in and go off on someone) is not really going to help matters. But if Jerry doesn't get some balls and do it himself I swear I will be taking a day off of work to do just that! Because at this point it feels like I need to go in and do all of the bullshit paperwork myself so that they will give us what they owe us!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TeenyTinyFashions said...

Are you still at Robins? I'm actually from there and really want to get back home. Hubby is in the AF and we're stationed at Tynadll AFB in Panama City, FL. He's also in Comm Squadron.
Sorry you had such a bad experience - hope things have gotten better for you!

Nerd Mouse said...

I'm ashamed to say the AF is no longer what it used to be. New airmen come in thinking the world owes them something, have attitudes and argue with superiors. If you don't know someone you're screwed. The core values are a joke. Pt program and tests are fixed here. (If you fail just sleep around)If you're not in connection with someone you are on your own if you ever get blamed for something you didn't do. This is my last year and I've had enough of the bs. Sorry had to vent too.

Unknown said...

Its funny to hear how airmen have attitudes and disprect now. NO they have always had it it just becomes more noticable as the air force keeps constantly changing all of it traditions. What traditions? There are none. They completely are against unit pride and pride in the af. How can you like doing something you can't even show your pride in except by coming up with some gay little mottos and what-not. I haven't been in very long just a few years and i've noticed that a lot has already changed i don't want to be around to be able to say the same about twenty years. I can't begin to imagine what that must have been like. I do agree in the vast amounts of lazy airmen that don't do what they are told when they are told-disgusting. I hate how we blow up everything no matter how big or small it is. And the fact that there are some many pointless things that you just have to get use to regardless of the fact that they make absolutley no sense. And how about the fact that one commander can be completely coll with something so he gives minimal punishment and then another gives max punishments for the same offense or the same commander can do the same just because he doesn't like your face. Just another one of those things you have to get use to. And the military is the career field of choice for the biggest hypocrits in america. The same tsgt that yelled at my friend for forgetting something simple is now a year later "because he doesn;t like how the af blows up everything" Screw the Air Force

Unknown said...

Its funny to hear how airmen have attitudes and disprect now. NO they have always had it it just becomes more noticable as the air force keeps constantly changing all of it traditions. What traditions? There are none. They completely are against unit pride and pride in the af. How can you like doing something you can't even show your pride in except by coming up with some gay little mottos and what-not. I haven't been in very long just a few years and i've noticed that a lot has already changed i don't want to be around to be able to say the same about twenty years. I can't begin to imagine what that must have been like. I do agree in the vast amounts of lazy airmen that don't do what they are told when they are told-disgusting. I hate how we blow up everything no matter how big or small it is. And the fact that there are some many pointless things that you just have to get use to regardless of the fact that they make absolutley no sense. And how about the fact that one commander can be completely coll with something so he gives minimal punishment and then another gives max punishments for the same offense or the same commander can do the same just because he doesn't like your face. Just another one of those things you have to get use to. And the military is the career field of choice for the biggest hypocrits in america. The same tsgt that yelled at my friend for forgetting something simple is now a year later "because he doesn;t like how the af blows up everything" Screw the Air Force