Monday, July 16, 2007

I had an interview today with a middle school for an 8th grade science teaching position.
Well that was interesting. It was an interview with the principal and the department head. They asked all of the usual questions, and I think I did ok. I remembered to ask about school wide discipline, parent contact and what classes it would be (8th grade general for 4 classes, and one honors class).
The guy that interviewed before me had a portfolio but I can't figure out how I would do a portfolio for science. Its just a strange one to try and do. I really wish I could find out what he did.
I talked to a friend of mine who taught social studies at the academy at the begining of the year, and she has been offered a position at the middle school in Destin, teaching science. She told me to email the prinicipals that are hiring, because even though we are told not to self-promote, she was told by a different person at the county office to do it, and that got her a lot of interviews (and obviously a job). So I just brushed up my cover letter and resume, and sent it out to the different principals. We shall see if this is a good thing to do or not.

No comments: