Thursday, June 19, 2008

We Buy Ugly Houses?

Does anyone out there know someone that has sold a property through this We Buy Ugly Houses program?

Or even a similar program?

A person I met today suggested that we look into selling our house to one of the investors on the program, because they supposedly knew someone that had done it and had success.

But since I just met this person, I don't know how much I should believe them. So I am hoping that someone out there in blogger land will know something about the program and can help me decide if it is worth looking into or not.

I understand the concept of the program, but I am wondering if with the housing market the way it is, if it would work for us.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

When we wanted to sell our Tampa home fast (so we could sign the contract to purchase our new home), we used Marc Associates. http://www.marchomes.com/sell_your_house_fast.htm

We received about $5000 more than we owed on it. Our biggest complain was they were 30 days late (twice) paying the mortgage which then shows on our credit report. It's hard to explain how the sale worked. It was quick and easy. Our home wasn't ugly, just small - 880sq ft.

These programs can be helpful, just make sure you ask every possible question and scenario before signing the papers.