Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election day is over

Well at least my election day is! :)

We (meaning me and Mrs. B) had mock election fever at school. It has been a long couple of days getting everything ready for it.

I made voting booths, and a ballot box, as well as the ballots. And I only heard one teacher complain about they way anything was done, and that was a complaint about the ballots. Of course with all of the compliments that we got, the one complaint stands out in my mind. :sigh:

There were a couple of things that I would have done differently, and if I get volunteered (thanks to my own big mouth) I will change. Like how we collected the ballots, so that my students could have truely seen the electoral college in the works. I explained it as we counted the ballots, but it would have been really easy to show them if we would have collected the ballots by class, and then "elected" students to be the electoral college.

As soon as I can find the usb cord, I will share pictures.

No comments: