Saturday, January 02, 2010

Catch up post~world map project for school

Just before the holidays I assigned my social studies classes a world map project. Third grade students in Georgia have to meet the following standards:
SS3G1 The student will locate major topographical features.
a. Identify major rivers of the United States of America: Mississippi, Ohio, Rio Grande, Colorado, Hudson.
b. Identify major mountain ranges of the United States of America: Appalachian, Rocky.
c. Locate the Equator, Prime Meridian, and lines of latitude and longitude on a globe.
d. Locate Greece on a world map.

I decided to have a bit of home fun with the project, and add a few elements. Basically I had them make a world map with all seven continents, identify the rivers listed, the equator, prime meridian, lines of longitude, lines of latitude, and Greece. I don't have the official letter that went home with the project here at the house, but if I can get to it I will add it. :-)

Here are just a few of the results.























































1 comment:

The Four Week Vegan said...

They were all so creative! Amamzing how the same assignment can bring such different results. Do you find it odd that they must identify Greece? I kinda do.