Saturday, July 03, 2010

Burlington

Our first stop in Iowa was in my Dad's hometown of Burlington. That first morning Mom and I took the kids to Crapo Park to look down on the Mississippi and play. It is a park that Grandma Henderson took Matt and I to a lot when we were little.
Crapo Park Burlington Iowa

This slide was built in the 1920's and has been refurbished several times, the last time in the early 2000's when the Hawkeye put an article in the paper about the need to refurbish it and donations came in from around the world. 1920's slide in Burlington
The kids and I had fun going down it.

In the afternoon we went out to my Grandma's church to plant some flowers for her, my Great Aunt Meta, my Great Grandparents, and my Great Uncle Abner.
Grandma's church Lots of memories, there. The next morning when we went out with Matt and Angela where he told her the story of my Grandma's funeral, where the entire entry doorway pf the church was covered with ladybugs, in March, the day before a blizzard.

No comments: