Friday, December 03, 2010

Junior Ranger DJ takes the lead

Remember how in my Ft. Pulaski post I said that the National Parks and National Monuments have a Junior Ranger program?

Well DJ took that responsiblity very seriously. When we hiked out to the Cockspur Lighthouse he took the lead and hiked us right on out there, pointing out all of the sights that we could see. Making 90% of them up as he went along but it was rather cute and funny.*

Don't worry MOM! I'll protect you!
Photobucket
This way!
Photobucket
I think I see it!
Photobucket
Now for the wildlife portion of our adventure: Fiddler Crabs, thousands and thousands of them
Photobucket
AKKK Its a pirate ship! Duck and run! Photobucket
Through the thick jungle forest
Photobucket
I think we go this way...
Photobucket
Be very very quiet there are bears in these woods. Photobucket
Follow my lead Kelsey, I know the way:Photobucket
Now off to our left we have the amazing Amazon River...
Photobucket
Oh look look I found it! Photobucket
Isn't it great?
Photobucket
Oooooo more water! Photobucket
Can't I get in again Mom?
Photobucket
More animals Mom!
Photobucket
Oh yeah there's the lighthouse
Photobucket
Ok girls, follow me! I will get us home safe and sound!Photobucket
Man this Junior Ranger thing is hard work,
Photobucket


*with some mom interpretations thrown in here and there

No comments: