Monday, September 29, 2008

Ok someone needs to fix the office of elections website for Okaloosa County!

I am a registered voter still in Florida. I figure we still own the house there, so the decisions that they make down there have big impact on us as home owners.

Besides that we live in one county here and the kids go to school in another county. The biggest thing that effects us here is schools, so its sort of a whatever situation.

I have been trying for 6 weeks at least twice a week to register for an absentee ballot from Okaloosa County.

For six weeks, I have gotten an error message.

Error Information

URL: http://www.govote-okaloosa.com/GenericFormSubmission.aspx

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SOEWeb.GenericFormSubmission.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Its really ticking me off! I sent an email requesting information on when it would be fixed, and have not recieved anything.

So today I sent an email with all of my information, requesting a ballot, and also the error information. But I think that I have missed the deadline for absentee ballots.

I really want to vote! If I don't hear back by Friday I am just going to go ahead and register to vote up here, I guess, because the last day to register is the 6th. Then I will probably do early voting, because of school and having to vote here.

No comments: