Saturday, March 28, 2009

Television

I am in quite a quandry this week over television.

What is my quandry? You ask.

Whether or not to get either Dish or DirectTV, or to just leave it as it is.

As of this moment we do not have television, because out here in the toolies you have to have a digital converter box and an antena, both of which we are lacking (but I think our TV's would work with just the antena). Of course if we had the antena we could only get one or two stations without cable anyway.

We went for over a year in Florida without cable or tv back when Natalie was little.

Then again in the UK we went without it for probably 2 years.

I know we could do it now.

We have DVD's out the wazoo, and our internet is through the phone company, so we don't really need it. Except that I miss watching the news in the mornings as I get ready for work (I have become a CNN.Com junkie this week before school.)

In theory we were to have had it hooked up this week through a bundle with the phone company, but Dish Network wouldn't accept my debit card, as a credit card, even though there was more than enough money in the account. I was told to go get a walmart money card and use that, but what a PITA, so I didn't do it. I don't see the point considering that they were not going to use that to get their payment, it was all supposed to come out as a online payment. So they made me mad, and I didn't do it.

Then I looked into DirectTV, and it was a hassle to get it hooked up because instead of me being able to say please come on this day after 12, my only option was just I wanted it on this day. Um neither of us can give up an entire day to sit and wait for them to come.

So there is my quandry. Do we get the tvs back on tv, or do we just leave it as is?

1 comment:

Windy said...

DO NOT GO WITH DISH!!! I REPEAT DO NOT GO WITH DISH...they will nickle and dime you to death TRUST ME. I had them in Ky, and when we moved BACK to Texas had dish hooked back up took FOREVER to get a tech out to do it...then we moved to San Antonio area, they wanted to charge to move service, almost 200 dollars if i remember correctly! Direct tv will move ya for FREE!! they have cheap packages, plus the remotes for DTV are much easier, Dish remotes I swear ya got buttons that ya dont even need on there!!!