Sunday, November 18, 2007

I am so beat! The past two days I feel like all I have done is drive a car... Gee wiz couldnt possibly be because thats all I have done? ;)

Kelsey's pancake breakfast/choir concert was wonderful. They sound great, and the food was good too.

After we left there we came home, packed the car and started off to Mississippi. It took us longer than I would have liked because we stopped in Mobile for dinner at Ruby Tuesdays and our waitress was SLOW. It took us an hour at Ruby Tuesdays and it was NOT busy. Note to self (and anyone else driving I-65) DO NOT STOP AT RUBY TUESDAYS at the HWY 158/I-65 exit.

Of course having DJ potty trained means when he says he has to go to the bathroom you stop as soon as you can, which added to our stops.

Needless to say we left here about 11 and got there about 4, not quite as quick as I planned, but we made it in one piece.

For dinner MIL took us out to a seafood buffet called The Back 40. Its an ok place, not a favorite of mine, but MIL, and her boyfriend T like it a lot, so we go. Heck they pay for it, so I don't complain. We had fun playing with the kittens and petting the horses.

This morning DJ, Jerry and I went into Newton to see if the Piggly Wiggly was open so we could get Bear a Piggly Wiggly bag (which they weren't so I will have to go on Wednesday), then had breakfast before getting on the road home. DJ and I would have made better time today, but we stopped at the USS Alabama to look and see. We didn't tour the boat, because it would have cost me a bunch of money (DJ would have been free), and I knew his attention span wouldn't be long enough to explore the boat properly to make it worth the money spent. But we had fun at the park looking at the tanks, and airplanes, as well as looking at the outside of the boat.

Then we stopped at the worlds SLOWEST McDonalds for lunch in Daphne (it was my luck this weekend). They only had one register open during a lunch rush, and then proceeded to give my cheeseburgers to someone else, and I had to bring their attention to it, when they were looking at me like I was stupid or something.

We got home with enough time for me to relax and then teach. Once I get done teaching I will download the pictures from the pancake breakfast and the Alabama trip. I was a bad mommy and didnt take pictures at MIL's house. I should have because they have the cutest siamese kittens.

I am beat, and I have to turn around and do more driving on Tuesday/Wednesday. I think I was crazy to think that this would be an easy week if the girls went up to MIL's.

No comments: