Monday, January 28, 2008

Just another Manic Monday

Six o'clock already
I was just in the middle of a dream
I was kissin' Valentino
By a crystal blue Italian stream
But I can't be late
'Cause then I guess I just won't get paid
These are the days
When you wish your bed was already made

It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday


It was one of those Mondays around here today.

Work was work. Not bad, but not all excitement and fun either. My favorite "overheard" conversation at the cash registers today went something like this:

"So K, Why were you late this morning?"

"There was an inch of ice on my windshield, and I didn't have a scrapper."

"It wasn't that cold at my house this morning, we only had a light frost."

"Oh well, it was at my house, it was 15 last night."

"Um, where do you live again?"



"Blankety blankety blank" (honestly I have no clue what she said).

"WOW thats like 1/2 mile from my house! I am soooo amazed that it got that cold only a half mile away, when my thermostat outside my house said the low last night was 32! Must have been some direct Arctic Blast right on your house!"

Insert lots of blushing and rolling of eyes here.

Then the second person said "I would work on that reason for being late, before you talk with the MOD, because I don't think that one is going to fly."

I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud, because really I don't think they knew I could hear their conversation.

DJ did not want to go to school this morning. So much so that we had crying and screaming before he even left the house. Jerry called after he dropped him off, and said that kid has as many arms as a octopus when he doesn't want to go somewhere. Then when he picked him up he was having a moment too. I really hope that he wasn't that way all day.

Does anyone want two teenage girls? Or I guess I should say one teenager, and one almost teenager? Talk about hormones and crying all over chores tonight.

Please continue to pray for Nathan, Tricia, and Gwyneth, Nathan's dad Rick from Catchin' Some Waves updated Nathan's blog for him today with this:
Gwyneth is still about the same. She did have an enema, which did produce some results! However there is still some swelling. So this afternoon they are going to do a barium enema in radiology, which will pinpoint any blockage. Doesn't sound like fun, and is more "invasive" (according to her nurse), but will hopefully give some answers. I know you'll pray.

Tricia is still in ICU. The stresses of everything in the past 3 weeks are being tough on her right now. It's (stress, baby, meds, hormonal changes, ICU, surgery, etc.) all ganging up on her. Her mom and dad, as well as Nathan are with her. She desperately needs some good sleep. Thanks for your prayers for her continued healing.


Alice from Living Life Breathlessly is doing great! Reports tonight say that she is eating well, and getting stronger. Please pray that she continues to do so!


Please add Hudson to your prayers, he is the son of a friend of Heather from Rice-o-roni-ville. Here is what Heather posted tonight in her blog:

URGENT PRAYERS
I would like to ask all of my blog-reading praying friends if you would please pray for my best friend Heather's son, Hudson (age 5) He was admitted to the hospital this morning via the ER. He tested positive for Influenza B last week. He's been running a fever of 102F- 104F and has become dehydrated. Tests at the hospital also revealed double pneumonia. He will be in the hospital (for a couple days) being re-hydrated via i.v. and will have constant breathing treatments. I went up to the hospital earlier today to pray with Heather and Hudson and the poor little guy is so scared because he doesn't understand all that is going on. PLEASE PRAY for God's healing. Give them all peace and rest. Thanks in advance.


And one last prayer request, this time a semi-personal one. D from work's cousin is still in a coma from his stroke last week, and they were going to do another surgery this afternoon because he was seizing again/still. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

Oh, i will definitly pray for the 5 y/o that has to be scary and a friend in the hospital.

UM,NO- i dont want two teen GIRLS!!. my 5y/o girl has more hormones than i want to deal with. She starts crying at the drop of a hat. But i'll take DJ. Give me a filthy toddler anyday.

LOL, Arctic blast, hmmm that was a bad excuse that girl had. nothing like saying i was running behind...

prayers for Gwenyth too. such a sweet baby.

CFHusband said...

Thank you, again!!!