Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Long day

DJ and I had a long day. We got up early, and headed out the door. We arrived at the CDC at 7:15 (with a crying DJ, saying NO NO NO, I don't want to go to school, I want to go back to BED! If only he would cry I want to go to bed at 7 pm instead of 7 am. sigh) By the time I left the CDC 8 minutes later, he was happily going with Ms. Tracy to explore the sand table, and all was fine in the world.
I then drove to Lowes and worked the rest of the day away.
I got to work a register today, and customer service. :) The head cashier asked what I knew, and what I didn't know and I told her that I knew how to do most of the cashier stuff, but would need a refresher course on customer service, as some of the things we didn't have down in Crestview, and some of the stuff, well I just never did.
I also got to help put schedules in the computer. :) That was actually fun, because I could "see" how things worked and why they work out the way they do with matrixes and such, and why some times the best laid plans go awry. It is interesting though that here, if you are part time, at no point will you be scheduled for more than 30 hours. Period. In Crestview, we broke that almost every week, or at least my schedule did. Most weeks I was scheduled for 35 hours especially the last couple of weeks I was there. Maybe once spring comes the rule here will change too?
So far everyone is very friendly at the store. I started out yesterday scared to death, but they are very welcoming, and very helpful. I think it will take me a long time to figure out where every thing is in the store. I kid you not, the store is at least double the size, if not quadruple the size of the store in Crestview.

DJ had a good day, if a long day, at school. He said he had fun, and made new friends. He was working on puzzles when I picked him up, and he says that they read books, sang songs, and played outside. Jerry was going to pick him up, but I had the car seat. I am not sure if there is a place that we can leave them at the CDC. I think Jerry is going to drop him off tomorrow (or I hope he is), and at least if I want to go pick him up, after Jerry takes him, Jerry's work is right there close.

Kelsey had her first "seventh" period today. This is the class where they do the play rehearsals and what not. She says that it went well. Next up for her is working on a poetry anthology. Oh joy of joys.

Natalie is in practicing her Saxophone. The band here is behind where her band in Florida was before Christmas. Which for us is a good thing, since after her surgery she was always a bit behind the curve. I almost wonder though if her teacher/director in Florida wasn't pushing them a bit to hard, since the band here is about 40 lessons behind the band there. But I will admit they sounded great at the Christmas concert.


I am copying the following directly from Nathan's blog
Lawrenson's Best Day Ever!

Four things have made this the Best Day Ever!

1) Gwyneth Rose made a POOP! Sometime this morning! They say they'll begin feeding her soon!

2) Gwyneth Rose had another head/brain ultrasound this morning, and there is NO BLEEDING!!

3) The same Transplant Doctor who told us two weeks ago that it would be at least 2-3 months before Tricia would be well enough for the double lung transplant list told us today that it could be A MATTER OF WEEKS instead!!!

4) Gwyneth Rose is two weeks old today! Two whole weeks without ANY MAJOR COMPLICATIONS!!!!

Nathan has posted some beautiful pictures of both of his girls. Please pray that the girls continue to well, and that Tricia is able to be put on the transplant list soon!

Nathan asked for prayers for Alice A young woman in South Africa with CF who had a double lung transplant today. The posts from her younger sister on her blog indicate that she is doing very well. Please add her to your prayers.

And last but not least
Wear yellow tomorrow and Thursday for Julian. His Obituary is here
One little boy who touched the hearts of thousands through his fight with cancer. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers as they deal with the loss of this beautiful little boy. Photobucket

1 comment:

CFHusband said...

Thank you, as always!