Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Edwin McCain @ Jimmie Jam in Atlanta

Ok so when I first heard that I had tickets to Jimmie Jam, I didn't have a clue as to who Edwin McCain was. Well I knew the music when I went to his website, but not the name.
From 2009-09-05 Jimmie jam edwin mccain



Sorry Edwin!
From 2009-09-05 Jimmie jam edwin mccain



But man what a concert! Lets put it this way, I'll Be. chorus totally acapella. Chills..... Even now listening to it on his website, chills. Plus hearing the stories behind some of the music, just made it feel like you were in his living room.
From 2009-09-05 Jimmie jam edwin mccain

Of course there were the crazy stalker fans that he has. I am not talking about the nice ones that got there early so that they could be up front like me.

From 2009-09-05 Jimmie jam edwin mccain

Those ones were nice.
From 2009-09-05 Jimmie jam edwin mccain

No I am talking about the crazy stalker couple that drove down from Ohio, "threw the dogs in the hotel room" and showed up about 80 minutes after the doors opened.
From 2009-09-05 Jimmie jam edwin mccain

The crazy couple who tried telling the people that I had been standing with (who I stood in line with, and knew that I was on my own) that they were with me, so they could get my spot in front of the stage. Because I had gone to the ladies room. But the couple was holding my spot (we had been trading off since walking in the door).
From 2009-09-05 Jimmie jam edwin mccain

I was fine with it when I first got back, because it was just the woman, and she was short, so I could still get my pictures.
From 2009-09-05 Jimmie jam edwin mccain

But then her crazy husband came up wanting to get to stand with her, and he was tall.
From 2009-09-05 Jimmie jam edwin mccain

So I told him, no way. When he tried saying that he was with her, and that was his spot, I got mad, and spoke up.
From 2009-09-05 Jimmie jam edwin mccain
I informed him then that I didn't care, I was in that spot first, and she tried telling people that she was with me, to get that spot.
From 2009-09-05 Jimmie jam edwin mccain

All the other people around then started agreeing with me, and telling them both that I had been in that spot since the doors opened, and that I was 6th in line (only cause I was afraid I was going to get lost going there).
From 2009-09-05 Jimmie jam edwin mccain

So the crazy stalker couple moved behind all of us, complaining the entire way. She was especially mad, because she had a present for Edwin's new baby girl.
From 2009-09-05 Jimmie jam edwin mccain

Sorry Edwin, if you wanted it I hope the roadies got it for you, but I personally would worry about it being safe. ;)
From 2009-09-05 Jimmie jam edwin mccain


Here he is singing I'll Be
From 2009-09-05 Jimmie jam edwin mccain


Thanks again to Edwin McCain, and his band, Jimmie Johnson, the Jimmie Johnson Foundation, The Lowes Racing Fan Club, Lowes and the Tabernacle for a great night.

No comments: