Sunday, June 12, 2011

STS-135 NasaTweetup, can you say excited?

I think I am still dreaming! Especially since everything is coming together, and fairly smoothly!

 I am going to be staying with my Nascar friend Andi Lee in Daytona, which is beyond exciting!

I have joined the unofficial Facebook group for the STS-135 tweeters.

I have tried to find and follow all of the other lucky selected tweeters.

I have contacted the local news outlets about it, but am waiting on a press release that one of my fellow tweeters is getting written up for us, to send out too.


The group of tweeters is such a broad group of people. We have students, teachers, computer programmers, scientists, journalists, moms, dads, sons, daughters, grandparents. We also have people from as close as an hour from Kennedy Space Center, to as far away as Spain and Ireland! I can hardly wait to get to meet all of these people and to get to know them all.

I know part of the reason why this is all coming together is the past experiences of former NASATweetup members. These people have already been working on coordinating housing and transportation for people that need it. Plus they are helping with thinking of all of the things that those of us who did not have a chance to do this before would not think of, (like delays!)

I can hardly wait!!! I mean it is truly a dream come true!

No comments: