Thursday, September 08, 2011

Supreme Protein Bar Review

As a busy mom, wife and teacher, I am always looking for something quick and easy that is healthy for us to eat, (us meaning usually me). One of my go to things to buy is protein bars, because they are filling and easily transportable. I can grab one on the way out the door in the mornings and eat in the car without making a mess, or I can eat one during lunch at school and have the energy to make it through the rest of the crazy work day. I try to stock up on them when I catch a coupon or a sale, because who wouldn't?


A few days ago I had the opportunity to try Supreme Protein Bars, and let me tell you they are some of the best protein bars that I have had the chance to eat! DJ and Natalie also enjoyed trying them, and that is saying something when it comes to my picky 7 year old!

Our absolute favorite was the peanut butter pretzel twist, to say that they were gone first is a major understatement. When I tried taking a few to school to have in my snack (aka forgot lunch at home) stash, DJ got mad, because "those are mine!" :-)  The sweet and salty balance was perfect. 


Next in line would be the caramel nut chocolate, which for me gave me just enough of a chocolate taste to help fight off the craving for a kit-kat bar. These would be Natalie's favorite. 


Our least favorite were the peanut butter and jelly bar. Don't get me wrong we still liked to eat them but they were not eaten as fast as the other two. Of course I am not really sure how true that is, since once the others were gone we did go through the box fairly fast. 


I like the fact that the bars fill you up without a ton of junk in them. My only concern would be the carb count, if I was into counting carbs, but luckily right now, not so much. ;-) 


These bars make for the perfect on the go grab em snack for this family. 


Supreme Protein Bars are available in CVS, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, GNC, and thousands of other retail locations


*Disclaimer, samples were provided by Supreme Protein www.supremeprotein.com at my request for this review
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/scienceesl

No comments: