Friday, April 12, 2013

Month of the Military Child

April is a month of the military child. Military bases around the globe will be celebrating with different activities throughout the month. As I am sure you can guess, this month and celebration is pretty near and dear to my heart. Not only am I a parent to three military children (even if J has retired), but I am a teacher to about 700 military children on FJ.

On April 15th people from around the world will honor our military dependents by wearing the color purple to show their support. I am inviting all of my friends to do the same. (There are several communities that are wearing purple on another day as well.)

If you are a military family, look around this month, there are many things to do at and around the various military installations!

I invite everyone to visit the Military Child Education Coalition Web Page for ideas of things to do to celebrate this month!

I encourage everyone that if you see a military family out and about in your area to thank not on the military member, but their spouse and children. If you know a military family, why not do something special for them this month? It can be as simple as a trip to the local park, taking over a meal for them to share, or inviting them into your home for a meal.

And remember to wear purple on Monday! :-)


Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/scienceesl

No comments: