Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Gas prices....

The gas prices are out of control! Its affecting everything that we are and due as Americans.

I drive a hybrid, Toyota Prius to be exact, pretty good on the gas mileage.

Jerry drives a Chevy Trailblazer, definitely not a gas friendly vehicle.

We have cut back on driving just to drive somewhere, but since we live 8 miles from Lowes, 5 miles from the school, and 5 miles to Jerry's work, we can not cut back all the way.

What I want to know is how is everyone else dealing with the gas prices? What have you cut back on?

1 comment:

Isabelle said...

I know, this is insanity! I was driving in town earlier and almost couldn't believe the prices. I saw one gas station at 3.54 for regular gas!
I stay home with Julia so I don't change my driving habits too much, but when Phillip is home, he rides his bike to work. I know it may sound crazy but it's a 90 minute ride from home to his work (it would only take about 20 minutes by car, if no traffic). He has to get up at 4 am to be there on time. It's his choice, so he is not complaining about it. It certainly helping our gas consumption a lot though.
Seattle is a great place for bikes. His commute is 95% on the interstate but there are bike paths everywhere.
I'm also curious to see what other people are doing about this issue.
Great post.