Thursday, February 26, 2009

Long but pretty good day

At least compared to lately.

We had our third grade program for the PTO. My class didn't have quite as big of a turn out as what I had hoped for, but a pretty decent turn out.

Before our winter break I asked the kids what they wanted to do for the performance, and threw a couple of ideas and then let them choose.

They decided that they wanted to all choose an African American from history, and then pretend that they were that person. Pretty much introduce themselves as that person and then say a few facts about that person.

And if I do say so myself, they did a great job!

We had Will Smith, Guion Bulford, Maya Angelou, Ma Rainey, Muhammed Ali, Arthea Franklin, Queen Latifah, Rosa Parks, and George Washington Carver. The kids all dressed up in character, and just did a great job!


1 comment:

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

That's awesome!! I love how they dressed up. Tomorrow is Cody's program and it's about Presidents.