Monday, April 27, 2009

Prom picture prices!

Today at school I noticed that there was an invitation to prom and a prom picture price list.

Well being the good mom that I am, with a daughter that is attending the prom I thought I had better take a look at those prices to see what we are looking at in just under two weeks.

I about passed out on the floor of the teacher's break room!

The least expensive prom picture package was $40! And that is not even a decent sized package. The most expensive package was almost $100!

I am not impressed. Not with the company doing the pictures, not with the school for arranging for this company to take the pictures. In this economy who can afford those prices?

I told Kelsey that I will gladly take pictures for any of the friends that she has that are going to the prom and dont want to pay those prices. I figure I can do just about as good of a job, if not better (than some of the work I have seen by this company), for a heck of a lot less money.

2 comments:

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

Yikes! that is high. The pics you post on here are awesome. Im sure they will turn out great!!

Kim said...

Isn't it insane?!? I was glad when Kris & his girlfriend wanted me to do theirs. Mine are nowhere in your league but they will do especially with the money we saved. I love your pictures and how creative you get! Will be waiting on your Prom girl pictures...Hope she has a great time!