Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What's your passion?

Everyone has a passion. There is something that you do something in your life for. 
You may not call it, your passion, but I am pretty sure when you stop to think about it, you have at least one.
 
Over the last few years my passion has become walking/running. 

I started walking/running because I wanted to participate in the Pat's Run shadow run in Atlanta a few years ago and didn't want to embarrass myself by not being able to go the 4.2 miles. I was one of the last to finish but I did it. 

Now I run with the Wear Blue Run to Remember group honoring Pat's memory and the memory of Elieso Felix who I went to church with growing up and who was KIA in Desert Storm. When I get frustrated or tired I remind myself of them and the fact that they gave all so that we can be free. 
I also run with Team RWB who works towards enriching the lives of Veterans. 

Both groups are pretty darn amazing and doing amazing work, and I am really glad that I found them, and can be a member. 

My passion is for spreading the word about Wear Blue and Team RWB. 

I've been developing another passion in the last six months. 

I've developed a passion for getting fit, for loosing this weight and becoming a healthier person. 

Working out with first PiYo, then 21 Day Fix, and now Insanity Max 30 have made me stronger, and leaner. I love the results that I am getting.

If I can share this new passion with someone then that is great. If it's not for them, that's fine too.  


Crazy faces in my pictures and all

But this is my passion, and I am not going to let someone take it away from me. 

If you don't like the person I am becoming, then it's your problem not mine. 

If you want to learn more about what I am doing to become fit? 

Ask, I'll be glad to talk to you about it. 

But don't judge. 

Don't talk to me about not spending time with my kids. I promise you it's not taking any more time away from my kids than it does for you to check your email, or play Candy Crush. 

Don't talk down to me about the money you think I am spending. Ask me about how to afford it for yourself, and I'll tell you where the savings for me and my family has come in. I promise there are ways. It took me a few months to see that I wasn't really out anything, but now that I do? Yeah I'm good.

Don't talk to me about injuries that could happen. Those same injuries that you say you know someone got from doing one of these workouts? 

I've heard all about them. 

It's why you follow doctor's advice. 

It's why I started with PiYo and got my strength up. 

It's why I do the modifiers on Max 30 (the separate modifier version of the workouts is part of the reason why I like it so much!) If you can't do the workout, then it's not for you, that's fine, but don't tell me what I can't do. You're not me. 

If you're reading this and your thinking "Hey if Patty can do it so can I!" and you want to know more, then ask. If not then thanks for sticking it out and reading this....

I'm going to share my journey, I am going to keep on sharing it until I'm done... because this is my space, my place, and this place holds me accountable, if only to myself. 

It's my passion...

No comments: