Friday, August 08, 2008

Long Week!

Its been a great crazy week. I literally have not been on a computer for more than 20 minutes in a sitting all week. I am glad its Friday! :lol:

DJ has had a good week at Pre-K, today was a bit rough on him though. And its my fault.

Since we are in the same school he has done great with the drop off in the mornings, and Mrs. H his teacher said he has been good all week. Then today I got the brillant idea to go in when he was eating lunch to say hi. Which made him upset, because it wasn't time to go home. I had my bag with me because the counselor was in my room with my students, so I was trying to find a new place to do some work.

Then this afternoon of course he didn't want to listen.

Hopefully if I stay away next week he will go back to normal for them.

The girls are enjoying school, making friends and just having a good time. So far neither of them has said that they think they made a wrong choice. Kelsey has classes with Seniors, so she thinks that is super cool. Natalie is one of 4 kids in band that have experience, so she definately thinks that is cool. (This is the first year the school has had band in a few years.)

My class is great, a few struggles, but that is to be expected. We are just going to have to work at it.

The biggest thing for me is that two days a week I don't have a planning period, and I have to teach PE and Art, or Computer lab. LOL Me, and art and PE? LOL

We will figure it out, and I will do it, its just this week was a bit hectic. Plus being to hot to go outside for recess has not helped a whole heck of a lot.

Tonight was the earliest that we have left the school all week, but hopefully next week I will be in the swing of things and able to feel like I can leave before 4 pm.

Last night we had a parent meeting at 6, so the kids and I packed a dinner and just stayed out there. I swear it felt like I blinked and it was time for the meeting, and I didn't get half of what I wanted to get done, done.

No comments: