Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Oh Happy Day!!!

 Today was a happy day in our household!

Magnet school acceptance letters were released this evening!

And this kid, well this was his reaction to his:
Declan will be going to the ZooBots Magnet program at Longleaf Middle School next year!
 He is extremely happy as you can see. This was the only program that he applied to, as it was the only one that interested him other than other program at Longleaf, which is LEAP and is a whole school magnet. 
Since we are zoned for Longleaf he would have gotten into that one regardless, but he really really wanted ZooBots. 
 From the school's website: The ZooBot magnet program provides opportunities for students to explore the natural world, develop an appreciation and respect for living things and the environment, and make a difference for future generations.


Amazing news number 2:
  Kelsey Marie Henderson has been working her tail off on Insanity Max 30 for the last 2 months or so. Tonight on Tabata Power? She MAXED OUT! This is a HUGE DEAL! I have yet to MAX out on any of the workouts. I am so proud of her.

Lisa and I did Tabata Power this afternoon after school. We didn't make it quite as far as Kelsey, but man we tried! 24:16 isn't bad at all! 


After I got home and made dinner I went on a 4 mile walk, hitting my step goal of 20,000 steps for the second night in a row. I had been doing really well about hitting my goal every day, right up until I got sick with the stomach flu. Then I felt like I had no energy for the last two weeks. But now I am getting back on track, I am aiming for 21 days in a row of 20,000 steps to make it a habit. 

Kelsey and I are looking for people who want to love the body they have now and work for the body they want. Drop your favorite emoji in the comments if you want me to message you.

No comments: