Sunday, March 08, 2015

Run Hard Half Marathon DONE!

Oh the hills, and hills, and hills! But you know what? We did it!
See that up there? That's the elevation map that my Garmin made while I was running. Holy Hills! Thank goodness my friends Nancy and Kim were cheering us on about mile 11. I am not sure why but mile 11 always seems to be my wall. 

My overall average pace was a little slower than I would have liked (I aim for under 14 minute miles) but considering the hills, I am not complaining. 
Kim took this picture of Lisa and I attacking the hill. I was so happy to see them, and extra happy to get this picture on my time line this morning. :-) 

There is no better feeling after a race than seeing this pop up on your Garmin. Fastest HALF means Personal Record! ;-) I know that there are people who ran the full yesterday in less time than it took me to do the half. But you know what? I don't care I am getting faster each and every time I do one and that is all I care about. 



Lisa and I post race. 


Backwards look at our medals. ;-) Stairs hurt today or I'd go take a regular picture for you all. 




The wonderful Team RWB group of runners from yesterday. At least 4 of these wonderful people ran the full. And then some of us went out to dinner last night to celebrate. 




No comments: