Thursday, February 26, 2015

Hike the Camel...

Camelback Mountain that is....

Sorry I took a break from posting the last week or so. We went to Florida for the Enchanted 10K (totally separate post coming) and our trip to Walt Disney World, and then I've been sick since Monday night. So here are the last of my pictures from Arizona. Like I said I concentrated on people not pictures, so all of my camera pictures are from my hikes.

Saturday afternoon's plans fell through, and instead of going all the way home to Goodyear, I drove to Camelback Mountain and went hiking. When life gives you lemons....
Hiking in Arizona is one of my favorite things to do, and one of the things I miss most about living there. 

Every rock formation is different, every trail is a different challenge. 

Every view is scenic. (Looking out over East Phoenix)

This is the part of Echo Canyon that I conveniently forgot about. Hey give me a break, it's been at least 25 years since I've done this climb! Needless to say I didn't attempt it. Not with my phone and camera.  

So I went and did Bobby's Rock Loop instead of the summit trail. Still just as beautiful, just not as challenging. 

I love the plant life at home... I've printed some of these to hang here at the house. 





No comments: