Saturday, February 07, 2015

New Personal Bests!

Today I went and ran the MGC Long Run 5K, with a pretty amazing group of people.  Team RWB

 Team RWB’s mission is to enrich the lives of America’s veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity. I was introduced to the group by my friend Kimberly last year. Of course I have a RWB shirt, but I almost always wear blue for Eliseo Felix who was KIA on February 2, 1991; and Pat Tillman who was KIA on April 22, 2004.  The mission of wear blue: run to remember is to build running communities that honor the service and sacrifice of the American military.

I managed to get a personal best mile at 10:30, and a personal best 5K at 37:20. I'm still slow, but I am slowly getting better! Hopefully I can keep improving my times over the coming months, since I have a race practically every weekend between now and May. ;-) 

Declan was supposed to have his Magnet School Program interview today. But he woke up at 1 a.m. sick as sick can be. I gave him some zofran at 6:45 hoping that would help, but Natalie said he was still sick the entire time I was out. Needless to say I stopped by the school where the interviews were to be held and talked to the lead teacher, and have emailed her about rescheduling. I took him to the UCC on post and there is a bad stomach virus going around. 



No comments: