Monday, June 06, 2011

Atlanta Tweetup/Meetup

On Saturday, I had to go to the Art Institute to supposedly register Kelsey for classes for the fall. I say supposedly because I got there only to find out that I couldn't register her for classes, because she is not preregistered, and she had to wait til the end of the month to do that. I am not sure why we were told that I needed to go up and do it, but I at least tried.

But there was a bright side to this 200 mile round trip drive! I got to go meet up with Anissa Mayhew at her Atlanta Tweetup/Meetup! Living in Middle Georgia I rarely get a chance to go to Atlanta for Tweetups or Blog events, so when I was done at 12:15 at the Art Institute, I put the address for the location of the tweetup and off I went.
Not only did I get to meet Anissa and her husband Peter, I got to meet Krystyn, Connor, Megan and her kids, and Lisa (plus Lisa's son and husband!)
I really enjoyed meeting everyone and listening to everyone talk. I know that they all use their twitter and blog accounts better than I do, and are using them for businesses (I actually learned a lot in the two hours we were there!)
Thank you Anissa for setting up the lunch I had a great time. And I suppose thank you to the Art Institute for telling Kelsey that I had to go to Atlanta when it turned out that really I didn't, because it meant I was able to attend! Now for the pictures!
This picture I was trying to put my camera on the bar so I could use the timer and be in the pictures, but the windows made it impossible. Megan and 3 of her kids are on the right with Anissa and Peter, Krystyn and Lisa are on the left.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Meghann said...

It was great meeting you! I'm glad someone got some group shots, because I had my camera there and forgot to!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Thanks for posting. It was nice getting to know you, too!