Saturday, July 25, 2009

My school supply wish list

At the end of the school year, we had to write up a school supply list to go home with the students for this year. This is my dream list, and not what really went home, but if I had my way, its what I would have asked for. ;)

School Supply list Mrs. Cleveland

4 composition notebooks

20 #2 pencils (not mechanical)

2 reams of wide ruled notebook paper

1 ream computer paper

4 folders with brads

Markers

Colored pencils

Crayons

Hand held pencil sharpener

Elmer's glue/glue stick

2 big erasers

1 box Ziploc sandwich bags -girls

2 boxes of tissue

2 boxes baby wipes

4 Red pens

Hand sanitizer

Scissors

Highlighters

Zipper pencil pouch

Roll of Paper towels- boys

2 pkgs. of 100 Index ruled cards (3”x5”)

1 Recipe Box (3”x5”)

1 set of Alphabet Dividers (3”x5”)

Vis-à-vis Wet Erase Markers (blue or black)

Dry erase markers (black or blue) 6-pack

4 comments:

The Four Week Vegan said...

Most was self-explanatory, but why ziploc bags for only the girls?

Unknown said...

The boys would bring in paper towels. ;) That way I could get both, and not have tons at the same time.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

OK so I have to ask, because it's a rule at our school too and it drives me nuts.. WHY no mechanical pencils?! Wouldn't it save you from having kids ask to sharpen pencils a million times a day?! I LOVE mechanical pencils. It's all I used as a kid and all my kids use at home. I detest sharpening pencils. Seems like as a teacher it would get annoying to have 20 kids asking all day long. Just wondering!
Also, we buy dry erase markers too, and I always buy the colored ones since they don't specify, thinking they're more fun! Is there a reason you prefer blue or black? Maybe I should start doing that instead!!

Unknown said...

Renee the no mechanical is because they tend to pull the lead out and flick it at eachother. Or at least thats my reasoning, plus they like to "steal" them from eachother. I try to have a jar of sharpened pencils that they can get from, with a jar that they can put the broken ones in, to avoid the sharpening problem, doesn't always work but its better than the injuries. ;) The red and green dry erase markers don't like showing up a lot of the time, I use them, just not as often as I do the blue and black, so they don't get worn out as fast. ;)