Saturday, July 04, 2009

Yummy Chicken Salad recipe!

On Wednesday I made a great chicken salad for supper out of leftovers and I thought I would share the recipe.

Here is what I did, and I had leftovers.

Ingredients:
1 ovenbaked chicken breast
2 chicken tenders from Zaxby's
1 tsp mayo
6 hamburger pickle slices
1 small green pepper (cored/deseeded)
1 medium sized cucumber (peeled)
6 or 7 cherry tomatoes (greens removed)

1. Place chicken and mayo into food processor and lightly chop.
2. Slowly add rest of ingredients in order and pulse chop.

Thats about it! You can add salt and pepper, or more mayo if you want, but I didn't need any of it (probably because the chicken was already seasoned).

I loved it because I could use up some of our leftovers, and use some of our garden vegetables at the same time. Which in turn means it saved me money!!!

1 comment:

Lola said...

I’m Blog Hopping! Hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July.

Please stop by Lin's Duck and Wheel With String to vote for me, Lola, in her First Official Dork-Off Contest. Vote for my photo, because my kindergarten photo is THE dorkiest.

http://duckandwheelwithstring.blogspot.com/2009/07/first-official-dork-off.html

Thanks!
Lola

http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com/