Friday, February 13, 2009

What do you get when you mix...

Valentines day

A 5 year old birthday girl

Princess Belle

Balloon Animals

13 other 4 and 5 year olds

The last day before a 10 day break

and lots and lots of candy?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A DJ that is in no way shape or form ready to wind down for the night.

We were not "allowed" to have Valentine's day party's at school, but we were allowed to let the kids exchange cards. DJ's class was extra blessed today because it was I's birthday. I's mom arranged to have Princess Belle come to visit the class. (I wish I would have known and had my camera!) Princess Belle brought candy, told stories (DJ says she's the sincess from far far away land), and made all of the kids balloon animals. To say that they were excited, is an understatement. Then you add in the fact that most of the cards the kids brought had candy attached, and that they all knew that they don't have school next week, and it was a recipe for exhaustion for poor Mrs. H. LOL she looked ready to go straight to bed at the bus ramp! LOL

My own class had a pretty good day. I forgot how special little people can make Valentines day! I got earrings, a red velvet cake (that I can't eat, I am slightly allergic to peacans and the frosting has them in there), two mugs with candy, lots of hugs, and lots of cards. We made a class "freedom quilt" that we showed off this afternoon. We are reading The Patchwork Path this month as our read aloud, and I thought it would be a good readers response project. They did a great job with their quilt squares. Our principal loved it, as did anyone else that happened to see it. I want to laminate it, but it wont fit in the laminator. I will take the camera and get a picture of it, either next week when we are off (I want to go in one day and tear apart my room without any distractions,) or when school goes back.

Kelsey on the other hand had a rotten day. It all boils down to an adult acting like a rude child, and Kelsey acting like a typical teen. She was very upset when she first got to my room this afternoon. But once I found out what the deal was, and talked with another adult involved in the situation to find out that really Kelsey didn't do anything wrong, so I am just as mad as she is, she is fine. She knows that I am going to handle it. I actually wrote out a really long email in regards to it, but I have sent it off to my mom, my best friend from college, and her husband, my brother, my sister in law, and a good friend of mine from work, to have them polish it up. Because I know that I can't wear all three of my "hats" in the letter (mom, teacher, concerned community member.) And thats what I did. :shrug:


Natalie is off staying the night for the last time with little K. Little K's family has hit hard times, and have lost their home, so they are moving back to Florida to be with family. We will miss them.

To say that I am ready for a week off is an understatement. It is coming at a really good time. This next week I plan on cleaning out more closests, dressers, etc to purge more stuff. We have found a house that we are going to try and lease closer to school, but it is smaller, and less storage than what we have here (and trust me there is not much storage here!) But less is better and all of that jazz. ;)

No comments: