Monday, May 09, 2011

I heart faces Motherhood

I dug into the archives for this picture, from our trip to Iowa last summer. Four generations of my family. My grandparents (who celebrated their 68th anniversary last Thursday), my mom and dad (who will celebrate their 42nd anniversary this June), my brother, and sister-in-law (who celebrated their 4th anniversary on Friday), and my nephew Maddox, Jerry and I (and since I am on the anniversary thing, we will have our 16th this July), Kelsey, Natalie, and DJ.
picnikfile_PZCvMG

It's not the most creative or technical picture of motherhood, but it speaks to me, because where would any of us be with out my Grandmother, who held it all together when my Grandpa was serving in WWII, who raised 5 kids and helped run a farm?

Head on over to http://www.iheartfaces.com/ to see all of this week's entries.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Rachel @ Simple Girl said...

I love generational pictures. The foundation of your past and the hope of your future. I don't think you can really appreciate your forefathers until you have kids of your own.