Sunday, January 29, 2012

Educator Academy At Space Camp #sctweetup #smilemovie

How do you want to spend your summer vacation this year? I want to go to Space Camp for Teachers!

Educator Academy at Space Camp is one of the many wonderful things I learned about this week at the Space Camp Tweetup #sctweetup for the movie A Smile As Big As The Moon.

OK wait a minute let me rephrase that a little bit.....


Educator Academy at Space Camp is something I already knew about, but not a lot about, until this week at Space Camp.


Space Academy for Educators is all the fun of Space Camp, but designed for teachers. This five day program packs over 45 hours of activities, speakers, and experiences that are designed to be taken back and implemented in the classroom. They also participate in our astronaut training simulators, two simulated space shuttle missions and Aviation Challenge water activities!


Now to just figure out how to pay for it.... ;-)

  Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/scienceesl

2 comments:

RODNEY TAN CHAI WHATT said...

Hi Patty,

I've participated in the the Honeywell Educators@SpaceCamp programme in 2012. Its a fully funded professional development 5-day opportunity for teachers in middle & high school. Google for this. The closing date is December 31. They are taking in applications beginning August, I think.

All the best.

P.S. Read about my experience in my blog at englishteachernet.blogspot.com & there's space science related news at spacescienceenglish.blogspot.com

RODNEY TAN CHAI WHATT said...

Please check my blog for a free fully funded opportunity to attend the Honeywell Educator@SpaceCamp next year in June 2012:

englishteachernet.blogspot.com and spacescienceenglish.blogspot.com


All the best!