Sunday, January 08, 2012

Six Month Anniversary #sts135 #NASATweetup

Six Months ago today was the most awesome of all days. With a 30% chance of a launch NASA was able to launch the Space Shuttle Atlantis to the International Space Station.

Getting to watch the launch was a dream come true, being a part of the #NASATweetup and getting to meet all of those amazing people was beyond words.

I want to once again say thank you to everyone at NASA especially Stephanie Schierholz and her entire crew for such an amazing two days. And now in just 18 days I will be off to Space Camp to attend my next tweetup. I can hardly wait!

Here are just a few of my favorite pictures from those two amazing days.
IMG_5526
Me and Doug Wheelock in front of Atlantis as the rotating service structure was being moved.

IMG_5600
My friend Christine in front of Atlantis 

IMG_5550 

IMG_5810
Atlantis on the morning of launch


IMG_5959
Seth Green who introduced us to Fanfare to STS-135
Fanfare for STS-135 by Bear McCreary from Kevin Murray on Vimeo.

(Thanks to Kevin Murray who took this video)

IMG_6143
There she goes, off on her final flight.


IMG_6211
Elmo and I a few hours after the launch

IMG_6225
My carpool group, they helped me stay awake on the journey from Daytona to Kennedy. 

Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/scienceesl

No comments: