Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dawning of a new day in history

Today is the first day of the rest of our lives.

Today dawns a new leader for this great nation.

Today, President George W. Bush says goodbye, and President Elect Barack Obama is sworn into office.

The last 8 years have not been the best in our Nations history, however, I feel that President Bush did the best he could do, given the extreme set of circumstances he was dealing with.

I pray that President Obama will be able to help this great nation.

I pray that President Obama will be able with God's grace to live up to all that he has promised his followers.

I pray that everyone that is so against President Obama, gives him the chance to make a difference in this world, other than the difference that he has already made by just being elected to office.

I pray that President Obama looks and seriously takes care of the military of this great nation, without whom, we would not be a great nation. And doesn't just screw them the way several of his Democratic predecessors have.

I pray that President Obama looks and takes care of our Education system. Looks and listens to those in the system that can see the problems, and lets those of us in the classroom help him decide how to fix the system, not just listen to people that have either been out of the classroom for 20 years, and are so out of touch it isn't even funny, or to people that have never been in elementary education in their lives.

I pray that President Obama can make the changes in the economy that he wants to make, and that those changes work.

I am proud of our nation.

I am proud to be a part of this historical moment.

I am proud to share this day with my students, children, family and friends. This will be a day that we remember for the rest of our lives.

No comments: