Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Did you watch?

The inaguration that is?

I watched, with my class, who did not understand the significance of what was going on for the most part, even though we have been over it.

For about 1/2 of them they got it, they understood why it was a big day in history. They cared and they listened and had good comments to make about it both during and after.

For about 1/2 of them the time would have been better spent doing math, the whole no child left behind thing ya know?

I just wonder if there were other schools out there whose superintendent said that the classes HAD to watch with nothing else going on....



I will post my thoughts on the entire thing in a bit...

1 comment:

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 said...

When Cody got in the car today he said, " you know why im so tired? because we had to watch the interrogation today" LOL, it made me laugh. I corrected him and said it was the inauguration, lol. poor kid