Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Staying home today

I was all set up to go to the small school in the town south of us today to go sub for one of the parapros today.

DJ changed those plans for me.

He was croupy coughing off and on all night last night.

Then this morning when Natalie went to get him dressed, the cough was worse, and he was warm.

So I called the sub line and canceled the job through that, and then called the school and let the secretary know that I had to cancel and why.

Then I called and made him an appointment at the peds clinic. Normally I would just give him his inhaler and go on with our day. But I have not seen his inhaler since we moved. Oops.

Since I have a few minutes that I didn't plan on having, I want to share a couple of stories and prayer/positive thought requests.

If you have not been to check on Tricia, Gwyneth and Nathan lately, go to their page and check it out. Nathan has the story of what they have gone through in the last 3 months up in video form, plus a condensed version of their story at the page I linked to. Tricia is on the double transplant list, and needs for this to happen soon, and Gwyneth needs to keep gaining weight and keep going strong.

Life with My Special K's This is Renee's blog that tells about her journey with 4 kids, while her husband is deployed. Kennedy is her precious little girl, who has gone through so much in her little life, and is about to undergo surgery to fuse part of her spine. Please keep them all in your thoughts.

Alice over at Living Life Breathlessly is doing great! She is home and getting stronger every day!

Ok that is all I can think of for now.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I hope your migraine is completely in the past, and that DJ recovers quickly!

And that you turn over a rock in the front yard and find a million dollars. We can dream, right?

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I hope DJ feels better soon!!! Thanks for including Kennedy in your prayers! :)