Saturday, July 19, 2008

HELP! First day/week of school activities

It has been a LONG time since I have done the first week of school at an elementary school level.

I need ideas for activities that I can do with my thrid graders that first week of school, while we are getting to know one another, and setting up our routine.

So I am asking you my fellow bloggers to help me out here!

You do not need to even be a teacher! You can be a parent, or just a former student!

If you are a teacher, what are some of the things that you do in your classroom? Games, activities etc?

If you are a parent, what are some of your children's favorite first week of school memories?

What is your favorite thing that a teacher did that made you as the parent feel good about where your child was going to be for the next 180 days?

What would you want me to tell you that first week?

What is something that you remember doing the first week of school?

What was the worst thing that ever happened to you the first week of school?

I want to make this a memorable week, and I want to get the year off to a great start!

2 comments:

Alison said...

I have no specifics, but be sure to do lots of team building/unity activities. Help the kids get to know each other and learn to respect one another. I didn't do any and I think I paid for it later in the year.

Windy said...

Last year the first week of school, Matt's class did a collage, about his family, ( it could include pets and what not. ) They got a big piece of paper and pasted pics to it, it seem to help the kids get to know one another. I know he thought it was a blast..Justin even did it to in the 3rd grade last yr. and he enjoyed it