Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday Thirteen: I'd have no problem losing weight (or keeping it off) if it weren't for ___________.

Christie is at it again with her post challenges. Silly woman!!

The challenge today was to write a post on either:


-I'd have no problem losing weight (or keeping it off) if it weren't for ___________. (Fill in the blank--and it can be serious or not so serious, you decide!).

Or:

-If I were a superhero, I'd be _____________.

So as you can see I chose the losing weight prompt. LOL

Here goes it:

-I'd have no problem losing weight (or keeping it off) if it weren't for:

1. Stress, now one would think the exercise would be good for the stress, and it would be but.....

2. My knee injury

3. Dark Chocolate M&M's, just say they are my down fall.

4. Lack of time, time is better now that I am only working 2 jobs, but I am still finding time to be a factor.

5. Gas prices, I know for me to get a good kick start to really see results I need to get over to the gym on base, which takes gas.

6. Mosquitos, they ate me alive on our walk tonight.

7. Hills, our neighborhood is appropriately titled H------- Hills.

8. Motivation

9. Mental health, I have to feel good to want to look good, and part 1, and part 8 both play into this one.

10. Food prices, fresh food prices in the store have gone through the roof here, and money situation here is not going very far.

11. Stress, can I use that one more than once?

12. Um yeah those M&M's, those definately should count for more than one reason.

13. Time....

Ok so reading this post makes me really realize how many excuses I have been making, and that I really need to get my hind end in gear!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww hun, i know what you mean.. i had all those reasons for not exercising, so i bought a recumbent bike, and guess what, it's taken apart out on the porch lol

Bubba said...

My list would have had a lot more than 13. I got pretty heavy because of some health issues that were solved when I moved out of the house I lived in. Since then, I've lost over 20 lbs...and am so thankful to have my energy, health, and sanity back.

I hope that you feel well enough soon to get some activity. And, believe me, I'm not saying this like "oh, you'd be better if you'd just do something!" I heard that 10,000 times...and I wanted to slug each and every one of them. So again...my hope and prayer is that you feel better someday. Soon.

Hugs,
Bubba

Always Been Different said...

I have metal fillings in my teeth and my refrigator magnets keep pulling me into the kitchen and thats the reason I cant lose weight LOL!

Happy TT!