Thursday, May 01, 2008

Thursday Thirteen



Thirteen Things about Third Grade




1….Cursive Writing is HARD (direct quote!)

2....You are not born knowing how to multiply.

3... Children who's parents take the time to help them practice multiplication pick it up faster.

4... 8 year olds can be MEAN.

5. They are still young enough even at the end of the year to want hugs.

6. They still love to be read to.

7. Getting down on their level and doing work with them (on the floor) makes them feel loved.

8. Having three teachers in one year is not easy, on them or on the last teacher (me).

9. Poetry is everywhere you look.

10. Magic Tree House books can be too hard, depending on the student, some love it, some don't. But I still love the books, and still encourage them to read them!

11. The Trumpeter Swan is a big hit. They can't wait to hear what will happen next, and love prediciting!

12. 15 minutes is not a very long break (recess)

13. I WISH I WOULD HAVE HAD THEM THE LAST 2 MONTHS!!!!!






Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




6 comments:

Christie O. said...

oh 15 minutes!!! that's not long enough at all!! cute tt!

Heather said...

Third grade was the year I discovered Sweet Valley High. LOL!

My stepdaughter is in 2nd grade but she has already outgrown Magic Treehouse. It is hard to find books that are challenging enough for her without being too grown up.

Anonymous said...

Awesome list. I have a 1st grader and it's a challenge with her and her reading sometimes. Happy TT and thanks for stopping by!!

Jane said...

Sounds like the class is in the right hands now. Good luck!

Denise Patrick said...

It's been a while since my kids were in 3rd grade, so I don't remember, but 15 minutes just doesn't seem long enough for recess.

My son LOVED the Magic Treehouse books. He had every one of them until he outgrew them. We passed them on to a friend with two small children.

Thanks for visiting my TT!

Anonymous said...

15 minute breaks aren't even long enough for *me*.

Happy TT!