Sunday, May 03, 2009

What kind of tree is this?

Does anyone know what kind of a tree this is? It is down the road from the house along one of our walking routes. Jerry doesn't know, and I can't find it online. The tree is HUGE, probably 70 feet tall if not taller and just absolutely beautiful. It is down in a ravine, with a barbed wire fence around it so I can't get much closer to even the trunk to take a better picture of the trunk.

From Online Edits


This is just the lower 1/3 of the tree, it goes down probably another 5 feet below where the picture cuts off, and then WAY WAY WAY up from there.
From Online Edits


From Online Edits


This picture shows how the flowers are clumped on the tree.

From Online Edits


I wanted to get a leaf to use to help me figure it out, but I couldn't even reach it.
From Online Edits

If you know what type of tree this is let me know!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Wow, I have no idea what kind it is, just that it is beautiful!