Thursday, March 08, 2012

Jeffery The Jeffersonville Tiger Visits Callaway Gardens

Today and tomorrow I am at Callaway Gardens for an ESOL training conference. While the day was full of lots of information and learning for all the participants, once we were done for the day, the key to our hotel room gave us admission to the gardens. Since I had never been before I dropped my suitcase in my room and took off on an adventure. 
Of course Jeffery the Jeffersonville Tiger tagged along (I actually have him for my DC trip next week, but thought it would be fun to take pictures with him here too). 

I took the longer path to the Butterfly Center.
The flowers, tulips and daffodils that were blooming were gorgeous!!!


The butterfly center did not disappoint. Not quite as many butterflies as I was told would be there, but still plenty to see. 


We thought this butterfly had passed on, but after we moved away it got up and flew off. 




They have a pioneer log cabin on property.
The path that I took was the Lady Bird Johnson Wild Flower Trail. Wish it was a few weeks later, so more flowers would be in bloom!







I walked to the Virginia Callaway Discovery Center.

And then I also did the Callaway Brothers Azalea Bowl trail, more pictures of which I will share later!


I highly recommend if you ever have a chance to visit Callaway Gardens I hope you grab it!

Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/scienceesl

No comments: