Monday, March 19, 2012

#Mamavation #2weekchallenge Let's Do This!!! Getting in Shape for #PatsRun

Two weeks ago yesterday?
I started back working out....

Two weeks ago today?
I joined a Zumba/Kickboxing Class and the Gym, and went to the gym every day I have been home since, and the days I wasn't home, I figure all the walking I did in DC made up for it (40,000 steps on Tuesday alone!)

One week ago today?
I joined the #Mamavation #2weekchallenge on Twitter.


Today?
I walked 13,000 steps (plus a few when you count before I put my pedometer on, and since I took it off, but I liked the round number when I looked!)
I did an hour long Zumba/Kickboxing class.
Plus I walked/ran our 1.6 mile block in the couch to 5K form (part of my 13,000 steps).

All on my way to April 21st, when I am walking/running in the Pat's Run, Shadow Run in Atlanta to help raise money for the Pat Tillman Foundation. Not to mention getting back into shape! I am tired of this body, and want my old body back, and I KNOW that the only way to do that is to work at it.

I am going to keep up with my #Mamavation workouts on here to hold myself accountable. I am hoping that all of my friends will start to look for my daily goals post and if you don't see it, YELL at me! :-)

My goal is to walk/run 500 more steps each day over the next month, so that when I do the 4.2 miles on the 21st of April, it will be a walk in the park (pun intended!)

Want to join me in honoring the legacy of Pat Tillman and to help fun scholarship programs for military members and their spouses? Go to the Pat Tillman Foundation's Website and sign up to Run, Walk, and Honor. The main race is in Tempe, Arizona, with Shadow Runs in locations all over the United States.

Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/scienceesl

No comments: