Friday, March 23, 2012

#WHTweetup Part One Official Welcome Ceremony for the Prime Minister of the UK David Cameron Prior to the official ceremony

On March 14th, 2012, I was invited along with about 50 other members of the social network Twitter to attend the Official Welcome Ceremony for the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom David Cameron and his wife Samantha. We along with 6,950 other people arrived at the White House at dawn to get the best possible view of the ceremony. These are some of the pictures I took before the ceremony began. 

7:00 am Sunrise, the Washington Monument, and the Moon, as people are filing in to the South Lawn of the White House. 


My cousin Glen and I waiting for the ceremony to begin. You can just see the Eisenhower Building behind us, this is where our briefing would be held later in the day. 

If you look closely towards the left of this shot, there is a man bending down petting the First Dog Bo. Bo is the only member of the First Family that I was able to meet on my trip, he and I ran into each other on Thursday while I was on my White House tour. Very well trained dog.  

 As the military troops enter the South Lawn in preparation for the troops review. 
 The Color Guard entering the South Lawn. As a military spouse scenes like this make you very proud. 
 Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, in green, Dr. Jill Biden, the Second Lady, and Vice President Biden awaiting the arrival of the President, First Lady, Prime Minister Cameron and Mrs. Cameron. 
The Drum and Bugle Corp standing at attention waiting for the President and First Lady. During this time the President's Band was playing American and British patriotic tunes, which for this military spouse was very moving. 



Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/scienceesl

No comments: