Friday, July 10, 2009

I Heart Faces Constructive Feed Back Friday!

Over at I heart faces they are taking a break from Fix-It Friday this week and are instead hosting a special Constructive Feedback Mr. Linky for those of us who would like to fix up one of your own photos and get advice on how to make it look even better.

The first 40 people who link their photo into our special Mr. Linky today will get at least one (if not more!) I ♥ Faces contributors to visit their site and comment with constructive feedback!


So here is my edited version
From Online Edits

From Online Edits


And the original:

From Online Edits


I did all of the edits on picnik.com and the second one is actually one that we printed and hung in the house. :)
The picture was taken on my Canon Rebel XT, ISO 100, F/10

Sorry I went back and fixed them to the slightly smaller ones. You can click on them and go to the full sized ones.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

SHe sure has captivating eyes... what an interesting and thoughtful pose!

God bless-
Amanda

Tara said...

I like the first edit the best, the skin tones in the second one are a tad to saturated. I would also rotate the picture a bit to get the wood to be more on a diagonal, and increase the contrast of the black and white image. Other than that, it's perfect!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

What a beautiful shot! I can see why you have this hanging up in your home. :)

One thing that bothered me with this photo is that her left eye is completely hidden in the shadows. You captured the light in her right eye perfectly and I wish that you could have angled her a bit different so that the light would have been shining in her left eye as well (I'm big on eyes. Hee!)

Sometimes when I have part of a face hidden in shadows I will use Jodi's (from MCP Actions) Touch of Light/Touch of Darkness PS action. It seems to work like magic on a lot of my photos. :)

Thanks so much for submitting this shot!

~Angie
co-founder of iHeartFaces