Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Top 10 Reasons I am Excited to Stay Home with My Family this Coming Weekend."

As so many people know, this weekend is the BIG Blogher weekend in Chicago. The weekend when thousands of bloggers gather together to share their knowledge, and businesses take the time to try and sell them stuff.

Now Mom of 2 Boys Wife of 1 is sponsoring a Non-blogher party this weekend for those of us that are not attending the big Chicago bash.

The girls of the Non BlogHer Party believe that just because we aren't going to BlogHer it doesn't mean we shouldn't count, right? Cozi heard our cries and has offered to sponsor 15 bloggers - with $100 each! Did you hear me?

COZI IS SPONSORING 15 Mommy Bloggers WITH $100 EACH!

The only catch? I need you to PLEASE comment on this post! The blogger with the most comments in this contest wins!!!

So without further ado, here is my top ten!

10. Time to spend getting ready for the beginning of the school year. Talking with the girls, listening to their fears about the upcoming year.

9. “I am going to spend an hour this weekend updating my Cozi account and to do lists!”
I know that is one of the examples that was given, but I really will, I have an account and really like it!

8. We will go through the kids clothes this weekend and see what still fits and what needs to be replaced the next weekend.

7. Working in the garden, and yard as a family.

6. No money spent on silly souvenirs! ;)

5. No meeting new people! Actually I am pretty shy when it comes to meeting new people. I am OK once I get to know someone, or if I know someone in the group, but just to walk up and start talking to people is not my cup of tea.

4. Family walks

3. Harry Potter? Maybe...

2. Hike in Bond Swamp, I think

1. DJ's birthday is Monday, and since that is a work day, we will spend most of the weekend, doing DJ things, like going to the Museum of Aviation, and hiking.

Now, please if you have visited and read this, please comment, so that Cozi and Mom of 2 Boys, Wife of 1 know that you have been here!

12 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday DJ! Patty,I always enjoy reading your blogs.They are fun,personal,and well written.I really think someone should pay you to be a travel writer,you would be great at it.If you go to the aviation museum would you please take a picture of the Blackbird for me? I still love that plane and actually got to see one a couple of years ago at the Pima Air Museum.Hope you have a great weekend!

The Four Week Vegan said...

Happy Birthday to DJ! Sounds like a great weekend for all.

Unknown said...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and DJ has a great birthday!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Happy Birthday DJ!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Great plans Patty! I hope that DJs birthday is a blast! Hope all is well with the rest of your family!

silverhartgirl said...

I hope dj has a great birthday.I love not spending money and working in the garden. Have a great weekend.
When you have time come look at my top 10 list.

jeanine p said...

Hey there -- would love to share the comment love ! thx Jeanine


http://icoulduseadeal.blogspot.com/2009/07/top-10-reasons-i-am-excited-to-stay.html

Unknown said...

I agree with #5. I am the same way! #4 and #1 sound nice. I hope you enjoyed some good family time. Good luck with the $100.

Please share the comment love:
http://www.unorganizedmomma.com/2009/07/10-reasons-i-am-excited-to-stay-home.html

Groovewoman said...

HOWDY from TEXAS!! I am hop-ing over to you from BlogHop'09, I am #241. It is so nice to meet you! Which state have you liked the most? My friend is an USAF wife and here favorite state thus far is Alaska.

Be sure to Hop on over to my place and check out my **GIVEAWAY** and to spread the BlogHop'09 Love!

Groovewoman
http://groovewoman.blogspot.com

Groovewoman said...

Patty the link you put on your comment didn't work, I don't know which warmer is your favorite. Just list the name of it. And in order to be eligible, you have to leave your email address as well. So come on back please!

THANKS!
Groovewoman
http://groovewoman.blogspot.com

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Oh.. A Happy B-day to DJ! We are cramming to get ready for school too. Good luck

tiff snedaker said...

The family walks sound like fun!

Would love you to come leave me a comment too :)
http://www.babesandkidsreview.com/2009/07/top-10-reasons-im-excited-to-stay-home-this-weekend/