Wednesday, July 06, 2011

NASATweetup Day One Kennedy Space Center visitor center trip

Today I came down from Jacksonville, and went to Kennedy Space Center to pick up my Tweetup badge. After I picked up my badge, I took advantage of the complimentary visitor center pass, and toured the visitor center along with @jhox1.

We had a great time, and if you visit the Space Coast it is a trip that I greatly recommend.

Look I am an astronaut!
IMG_5256

Atlantis from the closest "normal" people can get to the launch pad.
IMG_5276

Atlantis through my zoom lens
IMG_5279

Jeffrey the Jeffersonville Elementary School Mascot and Atlantis
IMG_5280

Saturn V
IMG_5296

IMG_5302

IMG_5302

IMG_5332

Dr. Ken, the mission status update person
IMG_5362

IMG_5372

And Daytona International Speedway! :-)
Daytona


Tomorrow is the start of our official Tweetup! Keep your eyes peeled for updates throughout the day.

Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/scienceesl

No comments: